If your boarding residents have returned to their homes then we recommend you use the bulk actions feature to send all boarding residents 'home' for this time. This will allow the parent/guardian to manage their child’s device while they are home. The steps are:
- Log into your boarding school account here
- Click on Users > Bulk Actions
- Click on the checkbox in the header row to select all students
- Select 'Whole School' in the pop-up
- Click on 'Send Home'
- Select 'Yes' in the pop-up and 'OK'
To see a video of this process please click here.
As every school will have a different set of circumstances, we encourage you to book a technical consultation to discuss your school's specific requirements, so that we may better advise you.
What this means to your boarding parents
When you send your boarders ‘home’ in Boarding Manager, it means parents will manage their children’s devices.
For families that have activated Family Zone, their child’s device will be protected. However, we recommend parents review their settings. Further details can be found here.
For families that have not yet activated their Family Zone account, this will mean there will be no filtering. Parents are able to activate their account by;
- Visiting https://portal.familyzone.com/
- Entering their parent email address that the school has on file, and choosing Reset Password
- Family Zone will send them an email with a password and instructions for activating
[Return to Product Advice]
[Return to Remote Learning Help Centre]